Rosemary oil, obtained from the Rosmarinus officinalis plant leaves, is well-known for its therapeutic benefits and has been in use for several years now.
This herb is grown on a large-scale in countries like Morocco, France, and Spain, and the oil is obtained by steam distilling the leaves and flowers.
Mainly used as an aromatherapy oil, it is known to be extremely beneficial for the hair and skin besides its numerous health benefits.
Using rosemary oil can rid you of the various hair related problems like hair fall, dandruff, and thinning hair.
Listed below are various benefits you will find in Rosemary oil:
- Stimulate blood circulation in the scalp and thus promotes healthy hair growth
- Does not clog the pores of the scalp
- Help in preventing hair loss due to its stimulating effects on the hair follicles
- Help with premature graying
- Helps cure dandruff and hair fall—very good for thinning hair, dry, brittle hair, frizzy hair and oily scalp
- Helps cleanse the scalp of all impurities and dirt which enables the hair to grow more speedily
- Hot oil treatment
- Soothes dry itchy scalp
It is recommended that you mix Rosemary oil with a carrier oil, such as olive, coconut or sweet almond oil. Massage into the scalp as part of your pre-poo regimen. Follow, by shampoo and conditioning your hair. The scalp should feel invigorating and fresh!
What is your opinion: Have you ever used Rosemary oil for stimulating your scalp? How do you feel about its medicinal smell? Do you find it too strong to wear during the day? How do you use Rosemary oil?