Moroccan oil is extracted from the nuts of the Argan tree that grows in Morocco. Moroccan people have been using it for centuries, and recent research has brought to light its unique properties that make Argan oil a treasure trove for treating various skin as well as hair problems.
Moroccan Argan oil is very rich in Vitamin E, Omega 3, and Omega 9 fatty acids; it also contains linoleic and oleic acid that helps hydrate and moisturizes hair and scalp and repair damaged hair.
For those who have damaged their hair with too many hair straighteners and other chemical treatments, Argan oil can help in restoring the lost luster and increasing the shine of dull dry hair by locking in the moisture.
The oil penetrates the hair shaft and repair damaged hair follicles. Argan oil is non-greasy and non-oily and therefore it does not weigh hair down- making it limp.
Many people with color-treated hair complain of rough hair and color fading. Regular application of Argan oil on color-treated hair can help in keeping the color intact for a greater duration and it would also prevent any dryness.
Here are a few more benefits of Moroccan Argan Oil:
- It is ideal for taming rough, dry, frizzy and unmanageable hair.
- It is light and almost weightless so there is less probability of build-up.
- It has moisturizing and hydration properties
- Unsaturated fatty acids provide nutrition to the hair and scalp
- Argan oil is immediately absorbed by the hair and it restores the lost moisture.
- It also acts as a shield for harmful UV rays and protects the hair from environmental pollution.
Because of its high content of vitamin E, Argan oil is very effective for hair growth and it helps to repair as well as inhibit the occurrence of split ends. It nourishes hair from the root; strengthening it, therefore preventing hair loss.